While we all know that we shouldn’t need a designated day to celebrate and honor our fathers, it sure is good that we have it. I know for myself, I don’t take the time or make the time to do it enough (can we really EVER do it enough?) to let my dad(s) know how much they mean to me.
Thankfully, there are lots of ways to make the most out of Father’s Day. Whether being lucky enough to spend the day with your dad or having to do it from afar (like me), I have been collecting things to share with him to let him know I think about him often.
- This is a great listen… http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/438/fathers-day-2011
- While too far away to experience the Beer-Inspired Spa Treatments at The Lodge a Woodloch, maybe my dad can try this DIY version to give him a “taste” of the good life he deserves…
- For my husband, who I constantly nag, I am sending him this to let him know that I will try to stop nagging about “riling up the kids:” http://www.wsj.com/articles/roughhousing-lessons-from-dad-1402444262 and http://www.wsj.com/articles/what-dads-play-does-for-kids-1434476561
- For a good laugh (I think that I learned some of my best parenting from my dad’s style of parenting!) . Both styles of parenting create a more balanced kid! https://www.facebook.com/radionow1009/photos/pcb.10152975315881395/10152975315191395/?type=1&theater
- If “manning” the barbecue is your dad’s idea of relaxing on his big day (like mine), here is a great Grilled Rack of Lamb with Peach Salad recipe from Executive Chef Josh Tomson…
- When spending time together on Father’s Day is a pipe dream…here is a great resource to jump on travel deals to visit when the stars align… http://www.exitfares.com/
- May dad jokes live on forever… http://www.buzzfeed.com/mikespohr/29-dad-jokes-that-are-so-bad-their-actually-good#.hj4LnrlX8
Happiest of Father’s Day to all!
-Brooke Jennings Roe and The Lodge at Woodloch Team.